Think coffee, and what comes to mind? Rich aroma, invigorating buzz, maybe a sweet cream swirl… but olive oil?
Hold on, coffee aficionados, because Starbucks just threw us a curveball with their Oleato line: coffee infused with, yup, extra virgin olive oil!
Before you scrunch your nose, hear me out! This isn’t some April Fool’s prank. Oleato is a bold new coffee ritual inspired by a unique Mediterranean tradition. Imagine, a smooth, velvety sip of your favorite Starbucks brew, gently kissed by the rich, nutty notes of high-quality olive oil.
Sounds strange, right? But trust me, this unexpected union might just become your next coffee obsession.
What is Starbucks Oleato?
So, what exactly is this Starbucks Oleato everyone’s buzzing about? Well, it’s not just a simple splash of olive oil in your regular cup of joe. It’s a carefully crafted line of coffee beverages where high-quality, Partanna extra virgin olive oil mingles with your favorite Starbucks coffee, creating a truly unique and velvety smooth experience.
Origin and History of Starbucks Oleato
So, where did this idea even come from? Buckle up, because the story takes us all the way to sunny Sicily! Starbucks founder, Howard Schultz, stumbled upon this intriguing coffee ritual while vacationing there. Witnessing locals drizzle a spoonful of olive oil into their morning brew, his curiosity piqued. And guess what? He loved it! The combination unlocked a whole new dimension of flavor and texture, inspiring him to bring this “Oleato” (meaning “oily” in Italian) experience to the world.
Types of Starbucks Oleato Drinks
Currently, Starbucks Oleato offers a variety of hot and cold options to tantalize your taste buds:
- Oleato™ Caffè Latte: This classic latte combines Starbucks Blonde Espresso with oatmilk, infused with Partanna olive oil for a smooth and subtly sweet sip.
- Oleato™ Golden Foam™ Cold Brew: Cold brew meets luxury with a dollop of creamy Golden Foam (made with olive oil and fior di latte) perched on top, adding a hint of sweetness and lushness.
- Oleato™ Iced Shaken Espresso: Layers of flavor await! Shaken espresso mingles with oatmilk and olive oil, creating a coffee-forward drink with notes of toasted nuts and a velvety finish.
Remember, these are just the core offerings. The Milan Roastery boasts exclusive Oleato creations, too, so if you’re ever there, keep an eye out for limited-edition surprises!
Where Can You Find Oleato?
Now, Starbucks Oleato is available in several countries and regions:
- United States: Currently available in all Starbucks stores across the US, both company-owned and licensed locations.
- Canada: Enjoy Oleato at all Starbucks stores in Canada, including company-operated stores, licensed cafes, and Reserve locations.
- Europe: Currently available in select Starbucks stores in London, Paris, Milan, Osaka, and Tokyo. Keep an eye out for further expansion within Europe!
Recommended Read: How To Order Oleato At Starbucks
But what if you’re not in one of these locations? Fear not, coffee explorer! While Starbucks Oleato isn’t available everywhere yet, here are some alternative ways to experience olive oil coffee:
DIY at Home: While not an exact replica, you can experiment with adding a tiny drizzle of high-quality olive oil to your brewed coffee and see if you enjoy the subtle flavor variation. Remember, moderation is key!
Read this: Olive Oil In Coffee For Weight Loss
Explore Local Cafes: Some independent coffee shops might be offering their own olive oil coffee creations. Do some research and see if there’s a hidden gem near you!
Remember: Availability can change, so always check the Starbucks website or app for the latest updates and store locations offering Oleato.
Is Starbucks Oleato Healthy?
Olive oil, the key ingredient in Oleato, boasts potential health benefits like healthy fats, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties. However, it’s important to consider the whole picture:
Sugar and Calorie Content: Compared to standard Starbucks drinks, Oleato generally has higher sugar and calorie content due to the added olive oil and milk alternative. Be mindful of portion sizes and sugar options if you’re watching your intake.
Individual Dietary Needs: If you have specific dietary restrictions or allergies, research the ingredients carefully. Remember, olive oil can trigger allergies in some individuals.
Read Also: Benefits Of Olive Oil In Coffee
The Downside to Drinking Oleato
Now, let’s be honest, Oleato isn’t perfect for everyone. Here are some potential downsides to keep in mind:
- Increased Calorie Intake: As mentioned before, olive oil adds extra calories compared to regular coffee. If you’re tracking your calorie intake, factor it in.
- Digestive Issues: Some people might experience digestive discomfort due to the added olive oil, especially if they’re not used to it. Start with small amounts and listen to your body.
- Limited Research: While olive oil has potential health benefits, research on its specific effects in coffee is still ongoing. Consult your healthcare professional if you have concerns.
Recommended: Olive Oil In Coffee For Constipation
Remember: moderation is key. Some people might experience digestive discomfort if they’re not used to consuming olive oil in their coffee. Start with small amounts and listen to your body. If you have any concerns or pre-existing digestive conditions, consult a healthcare professional before including Oleato in your routine.
What Does Oleato Taste Like?
Imagine your usual Starbucks coffee, but somehow smoother, richer, and more complex. The olive oil doesn’t overpower the coffee, but instead adds a subtle nutty flavor and a velvety mouthfeel that lingers pleasantly. It’s like discovering a hidden dimension to your favorite coffee, creating a luxurious and satisfying experience.
So, Which one is best for you?
Oleato™ Caffè Latte: Smooth and subtly sweet, this latte is a great starting point for those curious about Oleato. The oatmilk complements the olive oil’s creaminess, and the Blonde Espresso offers a gentle introduction to the flavor profile.
Oleato™ Golden Foam™ Cold Brew: Coffee lovers, rejoice! This cold brew packs a punch, with the olive oil enhancing its boldness and the Golden Foam adding a touch of sweetness and luxury. If you prefer strong and complex coffee, this might be your new go-to.
Oleato™ Iced Shaken Espresso: Feeling adventurous? This one offers a layered flavor experience. The shaken espresso brings out its coffee-forward notes, while the olive oil adds a subtle nuttiness and the oatmilk smooths it all out. Perfect for those who enjoy a bolder espresso taste with a unique twist.
Ultimately, the “best” Oleato is the one that speaks to your taste buds. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find your perfect match!
When Should You Drink Oleato?
The beauty of Oleato lies in its versatility. Here are some suggestions based on flavor and energy levels:
Morning Boost: The Oleato™ Caffè Latte or Iced Shaken Espresso can provide a smooth and creamy energy kick to start your day.
Afternoon Pick-Me-Up: Craving a mid-day treat? The Golden Foam™ Cold Brew offers a luxurious caffeine boost balanced by the sweetness of the foam.
Post-Dinner Treat: The Deconstructed with its passionfruit twist might be a refreshing and unique way to end your evening.
Remember: You’re not limited to these suggestions! Experiment and find what works best for you. Consider factors like weather, personal preferences, and planned activities.
Beyond the Sip: Pairing Suggestions
Elevate your Oleato experience by pairing it with complementary flavors:
- Sweet Treats: Croissants, biscotti, or pastries can balance the olive oil’s richness with some sweetness.
- Savory Snacks: Cheese, nuts, or olives can create a delightful contrast of textures and flavors.
- Fresh Fruits: A touch of fruit like berries or citrus can add a refreshing note to your Oleato adventure.
Ultimately, the key to optimal Oleato enjoyment is exploration and personal preference. Don’t be afraid to experiment, find your perfect pairing, and savor this unique coffee experience!
A. I. Moon
A.I. Moon is an experienced SEO Pythonista who spends his days coding and developing strategies to improve website rankings. He is also a passionate coffee enthusiast who believes that drinking coffee fuels his creativity and productivity. Moon runs a blog called EspressoRivo, where he shares his knowledge and experiences with other coffee lovers. With his expertise in SEO and his love for coffee, Moon is a dedicated and driven individual committed to achieving success in all aspects of his life.