Do you want single-serve and carafe brewing in one machine?
The best dual coffee maker comes with these facilities. You can switch between single serve k-cup and ground coffee with the help of this machine.
It is difficult to choose from a wide range of varieties of duo coffee makers. Our experts research on it and picked the top 5 models for you.
At a Glance: Our Top 5 Dual Coffee Makers
- Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker [Best Choice]
- Cuisinart CHW-14 Coffee Plus Programmable Coffeemaker
- CucinaPro Double Coffee Brewer Station
- Braun MultiServe Machine 7 Programmable Coffeemaker
- Cuisinart SS-20 Coffee Center Coffeemaker
What is a Dual Coffee Maker
A dual coffee maker is one with 2-way coffee brewing options. It has a single-serve side and also features a carafe side that can make up to 12 cups.
Top 5 Dual Coffee Makers: The Reviews
Here is a collection of our top 5 best rated dual coffee machines:
1. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
The highlight of the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew is that it can brew filtered drip coffee, as well as K-Cups for single-serve coffee. This gives you a wide range of choices – if you like to enjoy some variety in your coffee. It serves as a single-cup machine for when you are brewing for yourself, and can also brew up to 12 cups of coffee through the filter if you are brewing for a party.
Either side has its own reservoir of water, so there is no confusion as to which side you are brewing from – you don’t want to end up pouring too much or too little water in it. As one side takes about 12 ounces and the other side takes 12 cups!
And also, there is a water window on either side that indicates the ratio of water that how much has poured in it.
Why Choose Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer?
You have the option of selecting between bold and regular strength – and you can do this by the push of a button. This is nice – and a feature present in most coffee machines. So, it is something that manufacturers should certainly not miss out on.
- It gives two ways to brew your coffee, can brew filtered drip coffee, as well as single-serve coffee from K-cups
- 12 cups glass carafe included or brew into a travel or regular sized mug using single serve function
- For a perfect cup, it uses ground coffee, unique scoop measures, and filters ground coffee
- Its brewing is strong for the regular coffee and also is programmable with the automatic shut-off function
- In travel mug, it can brew up about 14 ounces or adjusts to fit a shorter cup in it
- It is present in black color
- Two brewing options; single-serve or full pot
- Selectable coffee strength
- Easy to clean
- Quite affordable
- Can produce coffee with a variety of flavors
- Fast brewing
- Can only fill enough water for one cup at a time
2. Cuisinart CHW-14 Coffeemaker
This two-way coffee maker has all the usual features like 24-hour programmability, and Brew Pause™, carafe temperature control, and Hot Water System are among its amazing features.
Its indicating feature informs about the water temperature. So, it helps you to get access to hot water most quickly to make your coffee, your soup, your tea or any other item.
Though the hot water system is connected with your coffee maker it works as an independent part so, you can make your oatmeal and coffee breakfast at the same time. It is completely automatic with different coffee making settings. You can get your coffee at the most convenient level with a drip-free pour spout and the handle. It has an auto-clean machine setting for 1-4 cups as well.
Its Temperature Control system offers a heater plate with High, Medium, and Low settings to your coffee temperature preferences. Its brewing pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before the cycle has finished.
Why Choose Cuisinart CHW-14?
There are some filters like Charcoal Water Filter and Gold Tone Filter that can remove impurities which can end up the taste of your beverages. Its Hot Water system can let you enjoy a lot of meals at a time, like oatmeal, soup, tea, cocoa, and more any time you like.
This is why you need to buy this product because it provides you all meals just at the distance of a lever press to dispense hot water.
The most amazing feature which attracts the buyer is its hot water indicator which lets you know when water is hot and ready to dispense. It also indicates when it’s time to refill the Removable Drip Tray.
The best of all its Hot Water System has its power pack reserving system and that is a 54-ounce water reservoir. It operates independently or at the same time as the coffee maker Safety Feature.
- It is available in Black/Stainless
- It has a 12-Cup Carafe with a drip-free pour spout and an easy handle. Cord length: 36 Inches
- This dual coffee maker is fully Automatic with a self-clean function and also has a 1-4 cup setting
- Its temperature system indicates and helps you to get a coffee at your preferred settings
- This 2-way coffee maker’s hot water system lets you enjoy your favorite meals in the minimum time
- The water system also has a reservoir service
- It does offer the system of removable drip tray which can leave you plenty of room for tall travel mugs
- Built-in separate water dispenser
- 24-hour programmability
- Affordable price
- Works well with freshly ground and pre-ground coffee
- Carafe temperature control
- Does not have a backlit display
- Awkwardly placed water fill container
- Quite noisy
3. CucinaPro Double Coffee Brewer Station
This coffee maker has two built-in permanent filters and coffee scoops. The filters have been designed perfectly to allow a fluid flow of water through the ground coffee. The filters don’t alter the taste of the coffee but make it rich in taste and aroma. The filter used in the coffee maker is oversized to hold a lot of coffee.
This coffee maker includes a spring-out coffee filter basket, which means a single press filter basket can pop out. It can just as easily be reinserted back in its place.
This makes refilling the coffee filter with fresh coffee ground easier and it also simplifies the cleaning process.
In fact, up to some extent, the only maintenance the coffee maker requires is rinsing it with water.
Why Buy this Dual Coffee Brewer?
The coffee pots have water windows with clearly marked levels for simplicity and ease. That allows us to determine, at a glance, how much coffee we’ve got left in the pot. This machine comes with opaque pots and CucinaPro sticks.
Hence, it does not only focus on functionality but also on aesthetics.
This coffee maker has individual heating system control settings. The ability to control the heating mechanism of a coffee maker is important because it allows us to brew two pots of coffee simultaneously without the two pots being dependent on each other.
You can make two cups of coffee at the same time which makes it more unique and attractive to buyers. It is ideal for large families, offices, restaurants and coffee shops that require large batches of coffee at a time.
- This coffee maker has the ability to brew 2-12 cups
- The best of features is its 2 permanent filters and coffee scoops
- This two-way coffee maker has a spring out coffee filter basket for easy refilling and cleaning
- It has a water window with level marks and the heating elements that can be controlled individually
- Brews up to 24 cups of coffee
- Easy to clean
- Simple thus easier to maintain
- Takes up a lot of counter space
- Does not turn off automatically
4. Braun KF9070SI MultiServe Coffee Machine
It has different brewing systems and you can choose from different coffee brewing settings like- Light, Gold Standard, Bold, or Over Ice. It is also available in different sizes, so, dial your choice of serving size: single-cup (5, 8, 12, 16, 20 oz), half carafe or full 10-cup carafe. This dual coffee maker has a Pod-free system. You can use your favorite ground coffee.
Specialty Coffee Association Golden Cup, certification ensures coffee brewing at the optimal temperature to meet the association’s standards. Sensors of the product monitor the temperature of the brewing of coffee. It helps to keep the temperature of coffee perfect.
Why Choose Braun KF9070SI?
It won’t let you take stale coffee, because it has a freshness Indicator. This visible indicator is to let you know your brewed coffee is fresh. This multiservice coffee machine has a removable 50 oz water reservoir. It includes a glass carafe and a gold-tone mesh filter. It also provides you a programmable digital clock with auto-brew settings.
- Its ExactBrew System gives the best and continuous brewing performance in every cup. This system does calculate the water flow, speed and temperature according to the coffee preferences
- It is customized in such a way that if you want Over Iced, or Light coffee it can work according to your preference
- It offers a fast brew system that can deliver the coffee with its taste within 8 minutes
- To keep coffee at the perfect temperature sensors have been installed in it, three sensors observe the temperature of coffee during the brewing system processing
- It is certified and SCA certification ensures the best brewing performance to guarantee great tasting drip coffee with every brew
- You can choose your brewing program option as well according to your preferences just with a single dial turn
- It has a freshness indicator as well, which can indicate that your brewed coffee is fresh
- Has a freshness indicator
- Has a brew choice plus system
- Available at affordable Price
- Have multiservice systems
- 7 Programmable Brew sizes
- Hot surface indicator
- Filters don’t come with the product
- Doesn’t connect with a Waterline feed
- Doesn’t grind coffee beans
5. Cuisinart SS-20 Coffee Center
This two-way coffee maker is fully automatic on one side and single server on another. It is a thermal coffee maker with three different serving sizes. These three serving sizes include 6, 8, and 10 oz. This coffee maker has a reusable filter option as well, in which you can use your coffee filter again. The best of all it has a 40 oz reserving system. The most prominent features of it are its energy-saving mode, removable drip tray, and the charcoal mug filters.
Why Buy Cuisinart SS-20?
If you want to know the feature, which has become a temptation to the buyer, that is its energy-saving feature. It has a fully automatic system setting. This two-way coffee maker brings a three years warranty with it. The brew strength control is also the main attraction because it helps you to select the coffee flavor.
- It has a water window display feature, which helps to determine the level of water
- The gold tone coffee water filter helps only pure coffee to flow through it
- It gets clean easily and is a completely automatic 2-way coffee maker
- Coffee flavor setting can be lighter or stronger
- Has three years warranty
- Three serving sizes are part of the machine
- Designed with energy-saving features
- Single serve brewer
- Doesn’t have an independent water system
Dual Coffee Maker Buying Guide
If you have decided to purchase a dual coffee maker, just like any other appliances, there are several factors to consider for you to make the most informed decision. These factors include but are not limited to:-
Check the Features First
You have to double-check what is available and what is not. Does the machine you are buying have specific features that will be of use to you? Can you operate the machine based on the features offered or can you maintain the machine after the purchase?
These and more are the questions you should have in mind.
Look for the Cost of Appliance
Before making a purchase first do a background check on the cost of the machine so that you are not caught unawares.
Check if the cost of the item you want to buy is in line with your budget. This will also help prevent the situation where you will have to settle for another product that you did not intend to buy due to insufficient funds.
Check for the Effectiveness of Machine
How long will it take for the machine to brew coffee, how much coffee can the machine brew? What is the quality of the coffee the machine can produce? All these measures the effectiveness of the machine.
For example, the machine can brew the best coffee but be slow at it while the main reason you bought it was to brew your morning coffee during the rush hours. That coffee machine will then be ineffective to you.
What’s the Capacity of Machine
This is simply how much the machine can hold and how much it can produce, all these can be discerned in summary by looking at the product description.
Wake Up the Right Way With a New Coffee Maker
Nothing beats waking up to the smell of a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Mentioned above is a great selection of amazing coffee makers to create the perfect cup that gets your morning started.
If you’re a fan of lattes or cappuccinos, then you’ll love having an espresso machine on hand to create these tasty drinks. Paired with a waffle maker or griddle, you’ll have everything you need to make the perfect breakfast every morning.
A coffee maker should be according to your needs, your schedule, and your family members. If you have a family that all have their specific coffee preferences, then a single-cup coffee maker will brew single mugs at a time.
But if you want to have more cups brewed at once, you can find a coffee maker from 4 to 12 cup brewing coffee makers. That way everyone will be able to grab a fresh cup. Espresso makers will perfectly brew your favorite beans, and some options even feature the ability to steam milk for many different drinks.
Whether your family loves coffee or prefers a perfect espresso, you’ll find everything you need to make your morning delicious.
Types of Coffee Makers
There are ten different types of coffee brewers namely:-
- Drip Coffee Makers- These are electric coffee makers, they are easy to use, reliable and affordable. The downside of these is that they have warming plates that cook coffee sitting in the pot.
- Thermal Coffee Makers– These do not have warming plates that cook the coffee sitting in the pots but they are quite expensive.
- Espresso Machines- These produce great espresso and can also aerate[froth] milk. However, they are expensive, technical and labor extensive.
- Percolators- These are electric coffee makers that are consistent and reliable. Maybe the only downside to these is that they are composed of multiple parts which makes it difficult to assemble and clean.
- Siphon Machines- Also known as vacuum pot coffee, produce flavorful coffee but are fragile and labor-intensive.
- French Press Coffee Machine- Manual coffee maker that is easy to use and clean. However, its glass pots are fragile.
- AeroPress Coffee Machine– A manual coffee machine that is easy to use and great for traveling. The downside of this is that it makes one cup at a time which can be quite time-consuming.
- Cold Brew Coffee Machine- Manual coffee maker that produces a smooth brew with low acidity although it may take up to 12 hours to brew.
- Vietnamese Coffee Maker– This manual coffee maker brews uniquely delicious ice coffee but it is only made for ice coffee not to mention it has several parts to clean.
- Moka Pot Coffee Maker- This is an affordable alternative for espresso machines although it has multiple parts to assemble and clean and can be used on stovetops only.
Dual Brew Coffee Maker FAQs
Here are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about the dual coffee maker that will make everything more clear:
What is a 2 way coffee maker?
A 2-way coffee maker is a coffee brewing machine with a 2-way coffee brewing option.
What is the best dual coffee maker?
There are several top-rated dual coffee makers. To get a wide variety of options displayed, visit the Amazon website and type the words best dual coffee making machines.
An easier way to do it is just by reviewing this article as several recommendations have been made.
What are the main features of a 2-way coffee maker?
The unique type of brewing tool that allows you to brew both full carafes and single servings. Essentially, a dual brewer gives you a kind of brew capacity flexibility and versatility that tends to be absent from other drip brewers.
How many filters can we get with the purchase of the product?
Most 2-way coffee makers don’t include filter packs while buying the product, you can get one according to your coffee maker from any grocery store near you easily.